Team Executive – High Level Correspondence Team
£23,893 - £25,087
Number of Positions
27 Apr 2017
We are responsible for operating, maintaining and improving England’s motorways and major A roads. Consider that a third of all traffic, two thirds of heavy goods vehicles, and 98% of UK businesses rely on them, and you can see why our roads, and what we do, matters so much.
It’s why we’re so grateful to our c 4,500 employees around the country. When you work with us, you're helping to connect communities, sustain business and support the economy. And with responsibility for major projects, working here is also a great move for your career.
You will provide dedicated support to the Operations Directorate Midlands correspondence team.
Day to day
- Coordinate and draft correspondence for the Operations Directorate in the Midlands:–
- Log, track and take ownership for correspondence from receipt through to response
- Identify information sources to enable suitable responses to be drafted
- Draft responses to enquiries in accordance with policy documents
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure response is accurate and addresses the customers’ concerns
- Ensure correspondence is responded to within specified timescales
- Escalate issues where necessary
- Save all documents in accordance with Highways England’s records management policy
- Comply with statutory and internal process and procedures and maintain accurate financial and administrative records using organisational systems.
- Manage other correspondence and directorate governance duties:-
- Deal with requests for information from other divisions, directorates and stakeholders, including the Department for Transport
- Manage Freedom of Information and Environmental Information Regulations requests
- Promote and improve knowledge management:-
- Recognise and help communicate best practice
- Use and update a library of online correspondence materials
- Collaborate with delivery partners:-
- Work with Operations colleagues to provide a source of information and to gain knowledge of business delivery
- Literacy in Microsoft office software products to enable production / maintenance of a range of complex documents, drafts and spreadsheets.
- Experience of coordinating and drafting correspondence within set timescales and to the appropriate standard.
- Experience of working within a customer or supplier facing organisation or team managing sensitive enquiries and complaints
- Experience of working with others to investigate complex issues and provide a detailed customer response
We look forward to hearing from you. So we can really get to know you and what you can offer, please include a CV with your application.
You’re also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet the role, and Highways England, requirements.
And to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible. We’re expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong.
Help keep England moving.
Download Full Job Description