|Title||Senior Project Manager - Smart Motorways|
|Preferred Location||The Cube, Birmingham|
|Salary||£47,304 - £54,400|
|Number of Positions||2|
|Working Pattern||Full Time|
|Closing Date||27 Feb 2017|
Highways England is the new government company charged with driving forward our motorways and major A roads. Building on the successful 21 year heritage of the Highways Agency, we maintain and enhance the most important communications network in the country, the Strategic Roads Network. A network valued at just over £104 billion, which carries approximately one-third of all road traffic in England and nearly two-thirds of all heavy freight traffic.
We are responsible for modernising and maintaining the highways, running the network and keeping traffic moving. Over recent years investment in our highways has increased. This has led to advances in technology, such as smart motorways; enabling traffic to flow better. However even more is planned to be done.
Our vision is to be the world’s leading road operator which means that we need to become a high performing organisation. It's an exciting time to start a Highways England career. With £11 billion to invest in major road improvements over the next 5 years, there’s an opportunity for you to be part of something special.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: http://www.highways.gov.uk/highways-england/
Highways England are currently recruiting 2 talented Senior Project Managers to be based in our Birmingham office. – Smart Motorways Programme
As Senior Project Manager you will be required to plan, delegate, monitor and control all aspects of large scale and/or sub programmes, and the motivation of those involved, to achieve the project objectives within the expected performance targets for time, cost, quality, scope, benefits and risks.
• Manage and lead project team(s).
• Successfully manage a series of complex and/or large scale projects across lifecycle to realise agreed benefits, manage contract compliance and risk effectively, and realise business and strategic benefits.
• Help develop project management skills across the project manager resource pool.
• Participate in skills gaps analysis to identify key areas of project management that need to be developed and ensure skills are successfully transferred to team members and colleagues.
• Design and apply an appropriate project management framework to an agreed standard, for the project incorporating the Gateway review process if required.
• Liaise with the Portfolio Manager or Programme Manager (if the project is not part of a Portfolio) and related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
• Work with Suppliers and other Directorates to ensure that every project delivers best value on a whole life basis, and maximises benefits to customers, both during delivery, and following completion.
• Drive improvements in health and safety performance ensuring effective practice is promulgated to staff and partners and carry out any tasks identified to the post in the Level 2 and relevant 2a Organisational Health & Safety RACI charts
You will have:
• Significant experience of working in a structured project management environment (preferably with an appropriate qualification) at PPD level 3 delivering successful projects.
• Proven experience of leading a team to deliver complex projects.
• Experience of managing major projects with a high risk profile or significant complexity
• Proven experience of understanding the context and implications of technical plans and scheme delivery activities to a sufficient level to enable effective decisions to be taken.
• Strong Commercial skills with ability to negotiate and manage contracts for projects dependent on external procurement /contracts to deliver outcomes.
• Proven change management ability to deliver successful outcomes for internal change projects.
• Experience / technical qualifications relevant to the role and business area.
Highways England aims to provide a modern flexible working environment. We are committed to creating a more diverse workforce, managed in an inclusive and trust based way. Be part of the future of our company. In return, we offer some excellent rewards including 26 days holiday, increasing by 1 day per completed year up to a maximum of 31 day and 8 days public holiday, childcare vouchers and access to a Competitive defined contribution pension scheme.
All applications must be accompanied with a current CV which will be used to assess your suitability for the role. Please ensure all required skills, experience and qualifications as outlined above are clearly demonstrated within your CV.
Please note that Highways England reserve the right to close the advert before the advertised closing date should a sufficient response have been received. Therefore, please complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Regionally based but required to work in Birmingham 2-3 days a week.
|Job Profile document||Download|