Apprentice Project Manager
Number of Positions
31 Mar 2017
Highways England is the new Government company that operates, maintains and improves England’s network of motorways and major A roads. This network is around 4,300 miles long and while it represents only 2 per cent of all roads in England by length it carries a third of all traffic by mileage as well as two thirds of heavy goods traffic, making it the backbone of the country.
We have around 3,500 staff based in seven offices around the country including a uniformed Traffic Officer Service. Highways England is held to account by two bodies who act on behalf of the public – The Office of Rail and Roads monitor the performance of our highways and Transport Focus champion the needs of road users.
For further information on Highways England, please visit our website: http://www.highways.gov.uk/highways-england/
We are looking to recruit Project Manager Apprentices to work in an Assistant Project Manager capacity on specific projects and provide day-to-day co-ordination and programme support to Project Managers. You will assist the programme teams with the delivery of projects against milestones and targets.
Your job will consist of some or all of the following elements:
- Monitoring project schedules and budgets, preparing progress reports, and liaising with key stakeholders.
- Project planning and risk and issue management.
- Logging, managing and analysing information on the progress of the project, using Excel and other bespoke databases.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Providing support to project colleagues and supporting with tasks relevant to the project/s
- Keep records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management
- Write letters and send them to appropriate bodies, and receive incoming mails
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Handle requests for information and data
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
The skills, experience, qualifications and motivation required are:
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Word Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to liaise withline managers in the business in order to deliver against their peoplerequirements
- Ability to consistently deliver high quality customer service in a professional manner; effective listening and good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to learn quickly (on the job and through training)
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise critical items and identify risk
- Ability to perform a range of routine administration duties through experience in generic administration activity e.g. data processing, record management, minute taking etc.
- Contribute to a positive team environment – is helpful and supportive of other team members and understands team priorities
- Sound communication and advisory skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with customers within the business and candidates outside the business
- Flexible approach to working with the ability to travel as required
Minimum of 5 GCSEs grades A* to C with, English and Maths at grade B being two of those subjects
This apprenticeship is only suitable for non-graduates
Please Click Here to apply
Download Full Job Description